The best source of information to monitor air pollution in your city and around the globe.
What our users are saying
- This is the oneBest air quality app I’ve tried. Includes cites around the globe that other apps don’t bother with. No annoying “features” or pushes to buy things you don’t need. Perfect.
- Lots of great informationIntelligent design giving a lot of information combined together in this app. Almost perfect but I wish it could be a little faster to display data and have the world map default to your current location instead of the EU.
- Breathe Easy and ClearPlume is by far the absolute best monitor and reporter of air quality. Plume allows me to be proactive. Plume shows the air quality so that I can make sure that I am located by an air filter when the air quality index is high and this shows why my a...
- This App Has It AllIntuitive layout with excellent features and multiple customizable options. Five stars!
- Great if you have asthmaI use this daily so I know the best time to go out for exercise. You can set up morning and evening notification updates. Love that it automatically locates the city you are in which is great since I travel a lot. The developer is very timely in resp...
- A life saverI’m from Kathmandu, Nepal and the Air Quality here is horrendous. Thanks to Plume, I can schedule better what time I leave my house, what time I eat out, etc. Just because the pollution is too much of a problem for us individuals to tackle doesn’t me...
- Look no further!This app does what is says and quite well. I’ve used it in Chinese, Japanese and English and the functionality was consistent across all three languages. The limitations I could see were; (1) there was no way to modify the city list; you have to firs...
- Great appIt’s a fantastic app and one of a kind. I just wish the app could remove the pollution from our environment ☺️
- Everyone should be using this APPI've been using Plume for almost a year and have introduced it to many people who were not aware of how important it is to monitor AQI especially when you have young children. My children also use this App on their own now. I love the new improvement...
Plume Labs lifts the lid on air quality
Air quality in my city
Get the live view of what your city is exposed to. Plume Labs displays real-time indexes and concentrations of PM2.5, PM10, NO2 and O3.
A stunning new way to see air pollution
Find clean air pockets and pollution hotspots with live, street by street air quality maps.
Air quality in any city
Because air pollution knows no border, Plume Labs air quality data is used every day by a community of hundreds of thousands of urban citizens, NGOs, and government agencies across the world. Our expanded coverage makes live and forecast air quality reports available in any city on earth!
Stay ahead of pollution
Thanks to our pollution alerts and smart notifications, you’ll have access to critical air quality forecasts exactly when you need them. Our activity recommendations will also give you tips to stay healthy throughout the day.
...and stay clear of ads
There’s nothing more annoying than seeing ads right where you wouldn’t want them. Our app is 100% ad-free because we think an app designed to help you understand your health and your environment isn’t one that should try to sell you phones or shoes.
Information you can rely on
Enhanced data sources
Environmental scientists have always relied on open data from public monitoring stations. Our data science team has gone far beyond this single source. We blend land-based measurements with satellite imagery to map the pollution in our towns and cities with incredible accuracy.
Just like the weather, reliably predicting how the concentration and health impact of airborne pollutants will evolve in the near future is a math-intensive affair. We’ve spent the last 5 years building machine-learning algorithms and feeding them years of air quality data, factoring in the complex effects of human activity, topography, weather and atmospheric models.
Measurements expressed your way
There isn’t one definitive way to look at the numbers. Sometimes what’s required is the concentration measured in particles per cubic meter of air - precisely what the WHO uses to define its thresholds - and in other instances what really matters is how these translate in terms of health impact, using an index.
We’ve built both types of measures right into our air quality app to make sure it’s not only reliable, but usable everywhere.
The biggest breakthrough: going beyond city-level indexes
Air pollution is a hyper-local phenomenon. In most cities levels can vary significantly from one street to the next.
While our data is continually improved with the most sophisticated modeling, for the last four years we’ve also been working on what’s next: the real-time, spot-on measure of exactly where you are, wherever you are.
Meet Flow, our personal air quality sensor, packed with first-of-its kind technology and the biggest step ever taken towards an air quality revolution.